Protecting what matters most.
In today’s digital world, where phishing scams and malware run rampant, cyber security is more important than ever and is crucial to keeping you in business. When it comes to network security there is no 'one-size fit all' solution as requirements can vary based on industry standards, compliance regulations, and the size and reach of an organization. Understanding what you need to protect is the first step to hardening your overall security posture.
There are a number of ways to go about securing your network but at a minimum your business should consider:
- Antivirus and SPAM filtering to protect your employee’s endpoint devices, like PCs and laptops, and reduce the number of malicious emails that reach your teams’ email inbox.
- Corporate grade firewall to prevent unauthorized access to your network. A properly configured firewall allows you to filter the type of data that is allowed in and out of your network and is a cornerstone to data protection.
- Defined policies regarding employee's passwords and acceptable use of company computers to ensure network security best practices are being followed. User access and permissions should also be included so employees only have access to data required to do their job.
- Data Backups, preferably full system, but at least business critical applications and data. This is crucial when it comes to disaster recovery and business continuity efforts as well as providing a safety net in the case of ransomware or a data breach in general.
- Secure remote access for employees accessing company data and applications from home or other branch offices who will require encrypted remote access or VPN capability to ensure sensitive data isn’t leaked.
We offer a variety of security services to harden your network and protect you from the latest cyber security threats.
Want to Know The Attributes of a Great IT Consultant?
Reasons For Network Security
Protecting Your #1 Asset
Your data is your company’s most valuable asset. It’s completely unique to your business, has likely taken years to compile and organize, and is the one thing you can’t replace if corrupted or deleted. How would your company function if you lost access to your to client information, intellectual property, or critical business applications?
Compared to the cost of a data breach, implementing various network security measures and policies is astonishingly inexpensive. Following cyber security best practices also helps to ensure your hardware and applications are up to date and running the latest software so your network operates at peak efficiency and employees aren’t interrupted by slow or out of date technology.
For any company operating in an industry governed by regulatory compliance, certain standards regarding data security and privacy must be met in order to maintain compliance. Failing to meet these requirements could result in a hefty fine and damage your client’s trust in your organization.
A data breach doesn’t just affect your wallet. People want to work with companies that they can trust when it comes to protecting their private information and if their sensitive data falls into the wrong hands as a result of working with your business, it can be extremely difficult to regain their trust.
Peace of Mind
This may seem silly, but when the seemingly innocuous action of one employee can cause potentially irreputable damage to your business, it’s nice know you’ve gone above and beyond to make sure that doesn’t happen!
The Four Winds Difference
We separate ourselves from other technology and managed service providers because when it comes to your technology you deserve the best, which is why we pride ourselves on:
- No Auto Attendants – We get it. If you’re calling IT support, something is broken, and you need it fixed, that is why when you call Four Winds your calls are answered by live network engineers who can provide immediate troubleshooting & repair in emergency situations.
- No Long-Term Contracts – We are committed to IT excellence and are happy to prove it every day. We don’t lock you into long-term, multi-year contracts like our competitors. If we aren’t holding up our end of the bargain, we don’t deserve your business. It's that simple.
- Vendor Agnostic – At Four Winds we aren't interested in reselling hardware. We partner with a variety of world class providers so we can accommodate any situation and technology. The only goal is pairing you with the best solution based on your needs and budget.
"In addition to keeping our computers running smoothly I can always count on Four Winds staff to be polite, knowledgeable, and quick to respond. The regularly send out tips (like what to do to protect our equipment during a hurricane) and provide seminars that are helpful to their clients."